Loose Parts – Play Kit contains a selection of carefully chosen and organised materials that captures children’s curiosity and gives them the possibility to choose how to play by their own rules. Using loose parts and modelling clay, young children can investigate how they can construct, assemble and create with the provided materials (in their own way.) Children can express themselves differently (based on their own identity and personality) and that’s exactly the beauty of art play without a specific outcome or endpoint!
With the Loose Parts – Play Kit you can:
- Manipulate and tinker with the materials to create infinite variations.
- Invent new ways of combining all the materials together.
- Create more than one time by reusing the materials over and over again.
Research has shown that working with loose parts can encourage:
- Problem Solving
- Fine motor development
- Hand eye coordination
- Language and vocabulary building
- Develops fine motor skills by pinching, squeezing, rolling, flattening and squashing.
- Nurtures creativity through pretend and imaginative play.
- Manipulating clay is therapeutic. For the reason that can reduce stress and anxiety levels just by squeezing!
What’s inside the Loose Parts – Play Kit?
- Loose Parts: natural wooden beads, coloured wooden beads, wooden cubes, wooden sticks, wooden pegs, wooden clothes-pins, coloured warn, glass pebbles, googly eyes, circle stickers, pipe cleaners, little flower ornaments, pom poms
- Modelling Clay, 12 bright colours
Each kit contains various items that may vary in shape, size and colour from the image given. However it will always be lots of fun!
- Collect and use up-cycled materials like toilet paper rolls, to go containers and plastic lids. Additionally you can use the cardboard postage box to enrich your creations.
- Inspire yourself by checking out our recent blog post.
This kit contains small pieces and may be a choking hazard for little kids. Adult supervision is recommended. Suitable for ages 3+